The following documents relate to remote learning at Jarrow School and are available to view in PDF format:
Student Remote Learning - Information and Expectations
During the current time we aim to ensure that you have continuity of education. We will provide online lessons and resources in all of your subjects and staff will be supporting you remotely.
The following aims to explain what will happen and what we expect from you at this time as well as answering some of your questions.
- Students are expected to login to their emails/TEAMS by 8.55am each day and check them at the start/end of each lesson during the school day.
- Attendance, participation, engagement, and understanding will all be monitored through online learning and submitted work.
- Students who fail to attend a live lesson or fail to submit work for a lesson will be marked absent on the register. This will be monitored and Heads of Year will contact parents/carers.
- Students will follow their normal school timetable and MUST login to their class Team (In Microsoft Teams) at the start of the lesson to complete the set work or join a live lesson. Students should also login to the VLE and check emails regularly as work can be set via the VLE.
- Teachers have been asked to end lessons 5 minutes early if possible. This is to enable students to stand up/move around before the beginning of the next lesson.
- Students must turn on notifications. To do this they need to click on their profile picture in Teams, settings, notifications and allow all activity. On a mobile select settings, notifications, Teams and allow notifications.
- Students must adhere to the school's usual behaviour expectations.
- It is the students' responsibility to ensure that they attend all scheduled sessions on time and complete work to the best of their ability.
- Students will follow the teacher’s directions as to when their cameras should be on.
- No sessions are to be recorded or photographed by students.
- Students should mute their microphone until asked to speak.
- Students can ask a question by writing in the comment box or selecting the ‘raise hand’ icon
- The text function should only be used to ask and answer questions and discuss the work and not for general chat.
- Any inappropriate comments will be recorded in a screen shot and sent to the Head of Year who will communicate with parents.
- Try to use correct spelling, punctuation and grammar in your comments to teachers.
- Students must ensure that their Teams login is for their use only. This must not be shared with anyone else.
- Face to face sessions are for students and teachers only. All parent/teacher communication should be via the usual procedures.
What's my email address and password?
Please note the support email address is only monitored during term time.
What do I do if I get stuck and need help?
It is likely that you may need some support with your learning or you may have a concern or query that you need our help with.
In this case please:
- Check the website and social media to ensure regular messages from school are received.
- Any contact with staff must be done through school email accounts or Microsoft Teams chat.
- Direct queries relating to academic work to your teachers through Microsoft Teams or school email.
- Contact your Head of Year if you are concerned for yourself or others.
The email addresses for Heads of Year are as follows:
Finally, here are some great online resources to support your revision: